Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Creative Caffiene

Hi!  I'm Jamie Hofmann and I'm currently enrolled in Jewelry III (Art 419) at Towson University.  My first assignment is called Creative Caffiene, and the idea is to find fabulous form so that we can translate it to metal through a hydraulic press.   The challenge was, finding out how to get into the project and really get excited about it.  At first, I just looked for shapes that were pleasing; a rock, a flower, or a rounded outdoor light.  These were pleasing to the eye but they were not so challenging mentally.  What could I do?  Well, to entertain myself, I started finding people with interesting hair and asking if I could take a picture.  It was very good for me.  I don't know a lot of people around here, and I have a little trouble being social sometimes.  I forced myself to walk up to complete strangers and ask them random questions like, "can I take a picture of your hair?"  It was pretty amusing to figure out how to explain why I wanted a picture of their hair.  "It has a nice shape," I'd say, or "It's for a jewelry project."  Some people thought it was funny and some were annoyed.  I don't care cause I got their picture!  Who knows what I will photograph next.

1 comment:

Jangrrrrl said...

images need to be uploaded to the group Flickr site, Creatives Connect