Sunday, December 7, 2008

After Action Review- Ring Project - Ring #1

Sustains - I created texture well and created different planes with the sheet.  My concept was creation = Destruction, and I showed creation very well- but, it wasn't obvious enough how my ring showed destruction. 

Improves - The composition of the design was poor and unintentional.  I created a two-dimensional design on a sheet, and I started to bend it and create "pop-ups" but the more I twisted it the more the composition was lost.  The idea was to destroy the original composition and create a new composition, but I didn't think enough about the final composition.  Next time, I will have to think of the entire process and not just the original cutout design.

What Ifs - Honestly, if I had just made it one more time I think it would have been a lot cleaner.  I also could have created repitition by adding more metal. Also, by adding more metal I could have create more planes outside of what sits right on the finger when you wear the ring.


No comments: